Confidential services available to all.
Haddam-Killingworth Youth and Family Services is deeply committed to providing confidential counseling services to all families, young people, and individuals of all ages who seek such help. We accept most insurances for payment and have a sliding scale of fees. No one in Haddam or Killingworth should be financially unable to access the care they need.
All Types of Counseling Are Available
Haddam-Killingworth Youth and Family Services offers a full range of counseling services:
- Child Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Adult Individual Therapy
- Couples Therapy
Our trained clinicians specialize in complex issues, such as family conflict, depression, trauma, and anxiety. They are also skilled at helping with related issues, such as stress, chronic illness, and difficulties with life transitions.
No Referral Necessary
No one needs a referral to have access to our services and many of our clients are self-referrals. However, many people also access our counseling through referrals from schools, hospitals, physicians, and outpatient programs.
Coordination with Other Providers
So that care can be coordinated at a very high level, our clinical staff maintains close relationships with the schools, as well as with other professional providers in the community.
Counseling Can Deliver a Variety of Benefits
People come to us for counseling for a variety of reasons and can gain from the experience a variety of benefits, including:
- Relief from depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions
- The ability to change self-defeating behaviors and habits
- The recognition of distorted thinking
- Better management of emotions, including anger
- The ability to manage stress effectively
- Greater self-acceptance and self-esteem
- Improved interpersonal and communication skills
- Increased confidence and decision-making skills
- Improved problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities
- A greater sense of self and purpose