Confidential counseling services are available for children and adolescents in Haddam and Killingworth.
Haddam-Killingworth Youth and Family Services is deeply committed to providing access to counseling for young people in Haddam and Killingworth and has contracted with Denise Grodzicki, LPC.
Denise brings a wealth of knowledge with over 22 years of experience working in the middle school setting within the public school system. Her journey has been marked by a steadfast commitment to fostering the academic, emotional, and social development of students. As a Licensed Professional Counselor since 2010, she has played a crucial role in supporting the mental health and well-being of children, teens, and young adults. Her work involves providing counseling services and implementing intervention strategies with both the client and family. Denise is passionate about empowering people to overcome obstacles, develop resilience and reach their full potential. Denise is also certified as an ESMHL (Equine Specialist in Mental Health & Learning) through PATH Intl. (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International).
No Referral Necessary
No one needs a referral to have access to our services and many of our clients are self-referrals. However, many people also access our counseling through referrals from schools, hospitals, physicians, and outpatient programs.
Coordination with Other Providers
So that care can be coordinated at a very high level, our clinical staff maintains close relationships with the schools, as well as with other professional providers in the community.
Counseling Can Deliver a Variety of Benefits
People come to us for counseling for a variety of reasons and can gain from the experience a variety of benefits, including:
- Relief from depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions
- The ability to change self-defeating behaviors and habits
- The recognition of distorted thinking
- Better management of emotions, including anger
- The ability to manage stress effectively
- Greater self-acceptance and self-esteem
- Improved interpersonal and communication skills
- Increased confidence and decision-making skills
- Improved problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities
- A greater sense of self and purpose