Youth and Family Services of Haddam-Killingworth
Full-time, grant and town-funded position with flexible hours.
Salary range $60,000-$68,000 based on experience.
Email your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to
Jen Favalora at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Prevention Coordinator will serve as the Haddam-Killingworth Youth and Family Services substance abuse prevention specialist and will lead the agency’s prevention and intervention efforts. They will serve as a leader in prevention for the community, youth, and schools and will be the HKYFS representative to state agencies. The Prevention Coordinator will run weekly youth clubs in our High School and Middle School and coordinate other events for our youth. They will also be responsible for implementing the strategic plan, including developing, researching, coordinating, and implementing the strategies that are identified.
- Using all resources and supports, identify and implement a plan for youth prevention in Haddam-Killingworth.
- Serve as the liaison between the agency, schools, outside agencies, youth, parents, and community.
- Conduct assessment and strategic planning of a comprehensive alcohol and other drug
prevention program including the development of strategic plans, goals, and measurable
objectives for alcohol and other drug prevention.
- Mobilize all sectors of the community to strengthen and expand the coalition.
- Provide substance abuse education and prevention to students through in-school and after-school clubs.
- Meet the requirements of the grantor as determined by the approved implementation plan.
- Attend training, technical assistance meetings and conferences as required.
- Collaborate with our evaluator to ensure evaluation deliverables.
- Submit planning documents and all data reporting in the funder’s prevention data collections system.
- Serve as a resource and support for students who have concerns regarding their or
someone else’s substance abuse and/or who may be at risk for abuse or dependence.
Experience / Requirements
- Knowledgeable of youth development framework and experience with youth.
- Experience in developing and facilitating events, focus groups, and presentations.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to work with youth, parents, and community.
- Demonstrated ability to work with data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Experience with marketing campaigns.
- Strong written and oral communications skills and interpersonal skills including presentation and public speaking.
We welcome volunteers who can commit time to us on a regular basis. This allows us to organize and manage more activities in the community.
Open Volunteer Positions:
HK Community Coalition
Contact us for more informtion.